Gateway Harley-Davidson® Skilled Rider Course
Take your riding to an all-new level with the Harley-Davidson® Riding Academy Skilled Rider Course. Created for experienced riders, it offers advanced tips and techniques that help you own the road.
The Skilled Rider Course runs 1-2 days, and is built on the curriculum of the Motorcycle Safety Foundation® (MSF) Experienced RiderCourse Suite. It is taught by devoted MSF® and Harley-Davidson® Certified Coaches.
The course focuses on improving these skills:
- Control at low speeds
- Risk management
- Limited space maneuvers
- Cornering judgement
- Swerving and stopping quickly on straights and in curves
- Multiple curve maneuvers and surmounting objects
When you're done, you'll earn a Skilled Rider Course pin and patch set, and a MSF® Experienced RiderCourse completion card that may qualify you for a discount on motorcycle insurance.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
To register for the Skilled Rider Course, you'll need:
- A street-ready motorcycle (your own or a rental)
- Motorcycle endorsement on your driver's license
- Proof of valid motorcycle insurance
For comfort and protection on the practice course, please bring:
- A heavy, long-sleeve shirt or jacket
- Jeans, chaps or leather pants
- Over-the-ankle, sturdy footwear
- Full-fingered gloves
- A helmet that meets D.O.T. requirements
Currently, Gateway Harley-Davidson® does not have a schedule released for this course.